UN/United Arab Emirates High Level Forum: “Space as a driver for socio-economic sustainable development”Saturday, 30 December 2017 16:15
Participation in the 68th International Astronautical Congress (IAC2017) and the 16th Space Generation Congress (SGC2017) in Adelaide, AustraliaSaturday, 30 December 2017 16:01
Graduation Project “Maximizing solar energy input for CubeSat using maximum power point tracker and sun tracking system”Saturday, 30 December 2017 11:28
A team from University of Khartoum Space Research Centre Participated in NASA Space Apps challenge 2017 and won a first place award and got nominated for another award.
The Cubesat project previously and Space Research center presently has a lot of projects and experiments that were done or under progress on it such as:
• Satellite and educational satellite ground station installation and operations.
• Projects on PCB design and implementation.
• Projects on soldering and de-soldering of the electronics components.
• Projects on programming.
• Projects on Arduino.
• HF / VHF transmitter design and implementation.
• CanSat design and implementations.
• Satellite tracking software.
• Design & Implementation Of Cube Satellite Attitude Determination And Control System (Adcs) .
• Cubesat Telemetry Decoder.
• On-board computer design.
• VHF Transmitters for CubeSats
• Android Smart Phone as an OBC for Cubesat.
• The Unscented Kalman Filter Applied to Satellite Orbit Determination; Using Only Publically Available Two-Line Element Sets.
• Nano-Satellite Communication Subsystem: Design and Implementation Quadcopter.
• Power system.
• Software Defined Radio
• Design and Implementation Of Eps (Electrical Power System) Of A Cubesat
• Software Defined Radio Rf Receiver
• TNC (Terminal Node Controller) design and implementation
Previously the Cubesat project an presently the Space Research Center participate in many workshops and conferences with a lot of scientific papers and researches and also scientific posters. These workshops and conferences are:
•United Nations/ United Arab Emirates – High Level Forum: Space as a Driver for Socio-Economic Sustainable Development, UAE, 2016.
•Postgraduate Annual Conference, University of Khartoum, Khartoum, 2016.
•African Leaders In space Science and Technology Conference, Egypt, 2015.
•ISNET/SUPARCO Students Satellites Workshop, Pakistan, 2015.
•International Conference on Computing, Control, Networking, Electronics and Embedded Systems Engineering 2015 (ICCNEEE2015), IEEE Sudan subsection, Khartoum , Sudan, 7-9 September 2015.
•SANSA/NCR Space Technology Workshop, Khartoum, 2015.
•United Nations/ United Arab Emirates Symposium on Basic Space Technology ”Small Satellite Missions for Developing Space Nations”, UAE, 2014.
•UoKSat-2 Launch Workshop, Khartoum, November 2013.
•ITU Center of Excellence Workshop on VSAT and Satellite Systems for Arab Countries, 10-14 November 2013, Khartoum, Sudan.
•International Conference in Computing, Electronics and Electrical Engineering 2013 (ICCEEE2013), IEEE Sudan subsection, Khartoum, Sudan, 26-28 August 2013.
•University of Khartoum Engineering week, 2013, Khartoum, Sudan.
•2nd IAA Conference on University Satellite Mission and Cubesat Workshop in Rome, Italy. In 3-9 February 2013.
•Forth African Telecommunication Minister Conference, 2-6 September 2012, Friendship Hall, Khartoum Sudan
•University of Khartoum Annual Conference of Postgraduate Studies and Scientific Research, 17-20 February 2012, Friendship Hall, Khartoum Sudan.
•KNSat-1 Launch Workshop, Khartoum, 2011.